With Keylane’s continuing growth and success, we are looking for a strong Group Financial Controller to strengthen Keylane’s Benelux Finance Team.
What are you going to do?
In this position you will report directly to the CFO and will be (functionally) managing the 3 Heads of Finance for the different regions. The ideal candidate is someone with strong finance and accounting acumen, is able to see the big picture and work at a strategic level, yet know the details and is willing to roll up his / her sleeves to get the job done. This is very much a hands on role and you will be expected to produce and understand the numbers as well as motivate the entire finance team to achieve deadlines and high quality output.
This role involves extensive daily interaction with senior management, functional teams and finance colleagues. Therefore it is essential that you have strong leadership and communication skills in English and preferably Dutch. In combination with a strong eagerness to develop best practices and optimize the financial control and compliance function. You will be initiating, and participating in, several efficiency projects.
Due to the rapid and continuous growth and transition of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
Keywords are: Focus, Structure, Entrepreneurship, Efficiency, Innovation and Fun.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
– You will be responsible for defining, implementing and ensuring compliance of group accounting policies;
– You will be responsible for the financial consolidation and reporting of the group on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, including:
o Consolidated periodic reporting towards Management and Shareholder (Waterland)
o Owns the timely & accurate production of (audited) consolidated annual accounts;
o Responsible for the timely filing of statutory and corporate tax returns across all entities in the Group and any subsequent follow ups with the authorities
– You will be responsible for the accounting for the holdings companies;
– Owns the Group accounting policy, including producing and maintaining an accounting manual and ensuring the relevant people understand and comply with it;
– Own the Audit process and be managing the external auditors, banks and authorities;
– You will be involved in several Due Dilligence processes to asses possible acquisitions;
– Adjudicates accounting disputes (eg revenue & Balance Sheet);
– Reviews financial results (BS review for example);
– Owns Lender obligations.
The ideal profile
– Academic degree in accounting or business economics, ideally with a post graduate degree (RA, ACCA, CPA) or nearly;
– Appr. 6 -10 years’ experience in a finance role in a BIG4 accounting firm or an (IT) project based company;
– You have strong technical accounting knowledge, GAAP/IFRS and (group) consolidation/reporting experience;
– Ideally experience of software revenue recognition and R&D capitalisation;
– You are hands-on, solution-driven, eagle-eyed, disciplined, independent, pragmatic, and accurate;
– You can manage and stimulate a team to deliver accurate, timely and high quality output;
– You can influence and lead change with a positive, energetic and inclusive style;
– You have strong technical accounting skills and you are able to see the bigger picture;
– You have strong communication skills in English and preferably Dutch;
– You are a team player and integrate well into finance teams;
– You are quick to learn new financial software;
– You are have a good understanding of the Dutch language.
You feel at home in an informal yet critical environment. A dynamic organisation that challenges you to contribute to Keylane’s growth and success. Not on your own, but together with driven colleagues, working towards the project’s result. You wish to keep developing and you are open to change. You like to switch quickly and you always think one step ahead. You are inspired by successful projects and international growth.
Who are we?
Keylane employees are all experts, whether they know about IT development (both C# and Java), business analysis, actuarial mathematics or project management. By combining our individual strengths, we work together as one strong team with unique knowledge of our industry, clients and software. We believe that we are stronger together than separately. We have a strong drive to be good at what we do, to improve, to grow and exceed expectations; because only the best is good enough for our customers.
Do you want to become a Keylaner?
Do you have questions? Then contact Michael Joosse on 088 404 5727. Preferably apply directly? Then send your CV and brief motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the button below.