We believe a company is
only as awesome as the people within it
International Legal counsel for EU SaaS provider
Other • Utrecht • Full-time
Key about us
Keylane (www.keylane.com) is the leading European supplier of modern, customer-centric, SaaS platforms to the insurance and pension industry. Our in-depth knowledge and expertise allow us to help our clients transform the way they run their day to day technology and operations. By implementing our state-of-the-art solutions, we help companies to reduce cost, deliver new and innovative products to the market fast and increase customer satisfaction.
Headquartered in Utrecht in the Netherlands, Keylane employs over 750 people and delivers services to over 270 insurance and pension companies across the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the Netherlands Antilles.
Keylane has gone through rapid growth due to a “Buy & Build strategy” composed of 10 acquisitions in and outside the Netherlands since 2012. The upcoming years Keylane will keep its focus on growth and market leadership, as well as on corporate integration.
Key about your role
As our International Legal Counsel you will provide legal support and be responsible for:
- Reviewing and negotiating international sales and procurement contracts;
- Contributing to internal risk analyses, following legal developments and changes in the law and translating this into practical business instructions;
- Developing and maintaining standard contracts and contracting procedures;
- Conducting corporate governance matters (including internal corporate restructurings);
- Negotiating data processing agreement and reviewing business impact assessments;
- Managing disputes, including liaising with external counsel;
- Helping to increase legal awareness and take the Legal department to the next level.
You will be part of a small legal team and participate in the larger Legal and Risk team. You report to and provide ongoing support to the General Counsel. This team is based in Utrecht (subject to Covid measures).
Key about you
This is a role for a “getting things done lawyer”, who likes to switch from thinking to doing.
- A Master degree in Dutch law (civil law);
- 6-8 years of working experience, both as a qualified attorney and in-house counsel;
- Knowledge of contract law with a focus on IT/ cloud solutions and good drafting skills;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Excellent in prioritization, astute in your advice, and knowing how to sell that advice;
- Eager to analyze complex problems, and translate these into adequate, practicable solutions;
- Cooperative, organization sensitive and down to earth.
Share this job
This job offers you
A great opportunity to use all your capabilities to influence and help shape this role. You’ll be a part of a growing, private equity backed organisation. You will join a company where technology, people, and customer focus meet. But we’re not a company with masks and uniforms. We prefer that people are themselves. That’s why we’ve agreed to behave exactly the same way at work, as we do at home. Simply because it makes us happy and we believe a company is only as awesome as the people within it. That’s why we strive to bring onboard passionate people with amazing talent and work hard to support them in both professional and personal development & health. We acknowledge it is a fast-paced and tough industry. So we take good care of our own. So, just be yourself.
Perks & Benefits
We will ask a lot, but we’ll offer you a lot too.
This is a career challenge in a dynamic, tech savvy organisation, wanting to grow in Europe.
That is why we offer more than just a job:
- Develop yourself as a committed expert
- Upgrade your skills via specific learning journey
- Explore our Keylane Academy
- Work from home frequently
- Join our Playground activities
- Attend (or host )Expert talks
Learning & Development
In this ever-changing world, our customers and stakeholders expect the highest quality and various competences from us. To meet their expectations, we embark together on this Keylane Journey, and while we seek to become a vision-led and value-driven organization, our purpose, values, behaviours and abilities are the key to achieve a successful transformation.
To ensure our continuous development, at Keylane we focus not only on technical capabilities, but also on enhancing personal skills and nurturing relationships that will support our strategic pillars, which make a Keylane Committed Expert.
The values of our Committed Experts serve as the foundation for your own Learning Journey. This Learning Guide will show you how we can assist you in further developing yourself into the Keylane professional that offers added value to the organisation, our customers and to himself.
At Keylane, we take pride in upholding diversity and inclusion. We make a virtue of celebrating our differences. Granted – we are all similar in the sense that every single one of us is a committed expert each in their own field of expertise. But that aside, we are all quite different – and we cherish that!
So no matter whether you are Dungeons & Dragons fanatic, a square dancer, Pokémon player, board gamer or sports fanatic, you are welcome here. The only thing we ask is that you are the best at what you do. And in Keylane’s true spirit, it is of course up to you, whether you want to define yourself as a committed expert.
Connect with me
Right now, we need people who are passionate about change through technology. This is not as easy as it sounds, but we’ve made a great start. If you have what it takes to turn good ideas into even better solutions, we need you!