We believe a company is
only as awesome as the people within it
Head of Risk
Other • Utrecht • Full-time
Key about us
Keylane (www.keylane.com) is the leading European supplier of modern, customer-centric, SaaS platforms to the insurance and pension industry. Our in-depth knowledge and expertise allow us to help our clients transform the way they run their day to day technology and operations. By implementing our state-of-the-art solutions, we help companies to reduce cost, deliver new and innovative products to the market fast and increase customer satisfaction.
Headquartered in Utrecht in the Netherlands, Keylane employs over 750 people and delivers services to over 270 insurance and pension companies across the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and the Netherlands Antilles.
Keylane has gone through rapid growth due to a "Buy & Build strategy" composed of 10 acquisitions in and outside the Netherlands since 2012. The upcoming years Keylane will keep its focus on growth and market leadership, as well as on corporate integration.
Key about your role
For Keylane we are seeking to recruit a Head of Risk. The Head of Risk will be responsible for driving the enterprise risk function within Keylane to the next level. You will be part of a small, risk management team and participate in the larger Legal and Risk team. You report to the General Counsel. This is a role for a “getting things done professional”, who likes to switch from thinking and advising to thinking and doing.
Within Keylane we implemented a three lines of defense model. As the Head of Risk, you will manage the second line of defense. You will also work closely with the Chief Information Security Officer, Group DPO, and the business.
Your main tasks will include:
- Proactively leading the risk and compliance and strategy for the second line of defense;
- Consolidating and implementing the internal control framework for the entire Keylane organization;
- Elaborating, managing and propagating the Keylane risk policies;
- Guiding and supporting the organization in the execution of risk assessments and risk treatment;
- Strengthening risk awareness by challenging the business owners, and by rendering advice, training and presentations;
- Monitoring the risk profile and ensuring alignment with Keylane’s risk appetite;
- Ensuring that incident managers take the appropriate actions, and stepping in when steering is needed;
- Managing, training and empowering one direct report.
Key about you
- At least 6-8 years of working experience as a risk management professional, preferably in the insurance, banking and/or pension industry;
- Knowledge of the financial regulatory framework, international privacy and security regulation, risk management governance, COSO and Basel standards, ISO and ISAE standards, best practices in risk management;
- Experience with the implementation of risk and assurance standards and internal control frameworks;
- Able to interact with customers, but guard the independency that your role requires;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Dutch and English. Fluency in German is an advantage;
- Excellent in prioritization, astute in your advice, and knowing how to influence the adoption of that advice;
- Always capable of making a good assessment between risks and commercial business interest;
- Eager to analyze complex problems, and translate these into adequate, practicable solutions;
- Cooperative, organization sensitive and down to earth;
- Flexible and proactive;
- Bridge builder, able to convince and influence at all levels.
- International and high-quality working environment;
- Purpose driven company;
- A fast-growing, dynamic company, informal environment;
- A small, professional and inspiring team where your contribution is valued;
- Challenging variety of often complex issues;
- The opportunity to own the risk management function, shape it based on your experiences and in doing so further develop your risk management career.
Share this job
This job offers you
A great opportunity to use all your capabilities to influence and help shape this role. You’ll be a part of a growing, private equity backed organisation. You will join a company where technology, people, and customer focus meet. But we’re not a company with masks and uniforms. We prefer that people are themselves. That’s why we’ve agreed to behave exactly the same way at work, as we do at home. Simply because it makes us happy and we believe a company is only as awesome as the people within it. That’s why we strive to bring onboard passionate people with amazing talent and work hard to support them in both professional and personal development & health. We acknowledge it is a fast-paced and tough industry. So we take good care of our own. So, just be yourself.
Perks & Benefits
We will ask a lot, but we’ll offer you a lot too.
This is a career challenge in a dynamic, tech savvy organisation, wanting to grow in Europe.
That is why we offer more than just a job:
- Develop yourself as a committed expert
- Upgrade your skills via specific learning journey
- Explore our Keylane Academy
- Work from home frequently
- Join our Playground activities
- Attend (or host )Expert talks
Learning & Development
In this ever-changing world, our customers and stakeholders expect the highest quality and various competences from us. To meet their expectations, we embark together on this Keylane Journey, and while we seek to become a vision-led and value-driven organization, our purpose, values, behaviours and abilities are the key to achieve a successful transformation.
To ensure our continuous development, at Keylane we focus not only on technical capabilities, but also on enhancing personal skills and nurturing relationships that will support our strategic pillars, which make a Keylane Committed Expert.
The values of our Committed Experts serve as the foundation for your own Learning Journey. This Learning Guide will show you how we can assist you in further developing yourself into the Keylane professional that offers added value to the organisation, our customers and to himself.
At Keylane, we take pride in upholding diversity and inclusion. We make a virtue of celebrating our differences. Granted – we are all similar in the sense that every single one of us is a committed expert each in their own field of expertise. But that aside, we are all quite different – and we cherish that!
So no matter whether you are Dungeons & Dragons fanatic, a square dancer, Pokémon player, board gamer or sports fanatic, you are welcome here. The only thing we ask is that you are the best at what you do. And in Keylane’s true spirit, it is of course up to you, whether you want to define yourself as a committed expert.
Connect with me
Right now, we need people who are passionate about change through technology. This is not as easy as it sounds, but we’ve made a great start. If you have what it takes to turn good ideas into even better solutions, we need you!