I turn good ideas
into even better solutions
Technical Design Engineer
Business Consultancy • Utrecht • Full-time
You will be part of a fun and professional cross-functional team. Our Benelux Delivery team is located in Utrecht, the Netherlands. You will contribute to our team goal to empower Keylane, delivering world-class SaaS Solutions for our customers in the Non-life industry.
You will be working with passionate, talented and eager people, in an inspiring environment where both your technical and theoretical skills will be challenged on a daily basis. At Keylane, we value flexibility and diversity in our employees and their customer projects. You can expect a great deal of variety in your role, customers and daily work.
Being our new Technical Design Engineer
In this role you’ll be responsible for the implementation of our software (Axon), in close collaboration with (y)our customers. You will ensure that Axon is set up on time and completely according to all customer wishes and that it meets all quality requirements. In order to meet up to the expectations you ‘ll ensure that your knowledge Axon is up-to-date, and you know the implementation standards. In addition, you will analyse the fit of the customer's processes with Axon and ensure clear communication with both internal and external stakeholders.
As our new Technical Design Engineer, you are responsible identifying and translating needs and trends into an achievable product design. You will design insurance products in line with our architectural, quality, security and technical guidelines. You are responsible for writing understandable and up-to-date design specifications so that Axon can be configured/developed in an efficient and qualitative way.
You are our new Technical Design Engineer, who translates customer wishes, requirements and functionalities into technical designs. You’ll design and implement Axon for the insurance industry; a particularly challenging field in view of all social developments. You get the chance to develop yourself as a professional, in a customer centric role. Moreover, you will be able to make a real impact and contribute to the further professionalisation of Keylane too.
Highlights of your daily activities as our new Technical Design Engineer
- Translating business and/or customer issues into system requirements and thereafter into solutions within Axon, our SaaS solution, Document the technical design based on the functional requirements
- Analyse complex issues in test- and production environments
- Proactively advise and support your team and other internal stakeholders with product optimisation
- Proactively advise and support (y)our customers about Axon, our SaaS solution
- Educate customers, (new) team members or colleagues from other departments using Axon, our SaaS solution
This is a great junior position, so we are looking for an eager talent, bringing some development experience or skills, not afraid to interact with our customers; think and act beyond code.
To become a successfull Technical Design Engineer at Keylane, which enables you to UnlockyourPotential for the future, you can identify yourself with our general requirements & key competences for this role:
- I am team player. Supporting my teammates and others within the organisation is key
- I have a degree (Bachelor or Master) in IT (Beta) or other relevant work experience which gives me a similar level background
- I recently graduated, eager to learn and grow into a committed expert, with limited work experience
- I enjoy solving analytic problems
- I want to automate the world
- I look forward joining a passionate team
- I am ambitious about my work and willing to challenge others as well as having my work challenged.
- I am good at sparring with my team and at providing input to clever solutions
- I am opinionated, and will share my ideas & vison throughout the organisation
- I am fluent (native) in Dutch and feel comfortable in English too
Share this job
This job offers you
A great opportunity to use all your capabilities to influence and help shape this role. You’ll be a part of a growing, private equity backed organisation. You will join a company where technology, people, and customer focus meet. But we’re not a company with masks and uniforms. We prefer that people are themselves. That’s why we’ve agreed to behave exactly the same way at work, as we do at home. Simply because it makes us happy and we believe a company is only as awesome as the people within it. That’s why we strive to bring onboard passionate people with amazing talent and work hard to support them in both professional and personal development & health. We acknowledge it is a fast-paced and tough industry. So we take good care of our own. So, just be yourself.
Perks & Benefits
We will ask a lot, but we’ll offer you a lot too.
This is a career challenge in a dynamic, tech savvy organisation, wanting to grow in Europe.
That is why we offer more than just a job:
- Develop yourself as a committed expert
- Upgrade your skills via specific learning journey
- Explore our Keylane Academy
- Work from home frequently
- Join our Playground activities
- Attend (or host )Expert talks
Learning & Development
In this ever-changing world, our customers and stakeholders expect the highest quality and various competences from us. To meet their expectations, we embark together on this Keylane Journey, and while we seek to become a vision-led and value-driven organization, our purpose, values, behaviours and abilities are the key to achieve a successful transformation.
To ensure our continuous development, at Keylane we focus not only on technical capabilities, but also on enhancing personal skills and nurturing relationships that will support our strategic pillars, which make a Keylane Committed Expert.
The values of our Committed Experts serve as the foundation for your own Learning Journey. This Learning Guide will show you how we can assist you in further developing yourself into the Keylane professional that offers added value to the organisation, our customers and to himself.
At Keylane, we take pride in upholding diversity and inclusion. We make a virtue of celebrating our differences. Granted – we are all similar in the sense that every single one of us is a committed expert each in their own field of expertise. But that aside, we are all quite different – and we cherish that!
So no matter whether you are Dungeons & Dragons fanatic, a square dancer, Pokémon player, board gamer or sports fanatic, you are welcome here. The only thing we ask is that you are the best at what you do. And in Keylane’s true spirit, it is of course up to you, whether you want to define yourself as a committed expert.
Connect with me
Right now, we need people who are passionate about change through technology. This is not as easy as it sounds, but we’ve made a great start. If you have what it takes to turn good ideas into even better solutions, we need you!