Director Product Development
Product Development | Utrecht | Full-time
KEY ABOUT US
Keylane is a European supplier of modern, customer-centric, SaaS software to the insurance and pension industry. Our in-depth knowledge and expertise allows us to help clients transform the way they run their day to day technology and operations. By implementing state of the art solutions, we help companies to reduce costs, deliver new and innovative products to market fast and increase customer satisfaction.
Headquartered in Utrecht in the Netherlands, more than 850 committed experts deliver services to over 130 insurance and pension companies in the Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.Keylane has gone through rapid growth due to a “Buy & Build strategy”, which includes 10 acquisitions since 2012. The upcoming years Keylane will keep its focus on growth and market leadership, as well as on corporate integration.
To support our ambitions we are strengthening our Product Development management team with a Director Product Development Non-Life. Our new Director will become a member of a recently established MT.
KEY ABOUT PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
Keylane Product Development (PD) provides software that enables our customers to change the insurance and pension industry.
PD develops and maintains world-class generic software that is:
- part of Keylane SaaS solutions
- to a large extent configurable to fit our customers’ processes and products
- of high quality
- composed of modules that can be shared over our various product lines
- easy to integrate in our customers’ application landscape and with partner applications (Keylane Ecosystem).
We believe in changing the insurance and pension industry through technology.
By agile development we provide ‘first time right’ solutions in a predictable way with a short time to market.
We empower our customers to run and continuously innovate their business on our open SaaS platforms to make the complex simple.
GOALS & AMBITIONS FOR THE FUTURE
It will drive our decisions, and the most important ones are:
- We comply to open standards in our solutions to enable the Keylane Ecosystem concept and easy integration with applications in the customer landscape.
- We work with high energy, autonomous, multidisciplinary teams that are engaged to add to the vision of the company.
- We promote an engineering culture where initiative is rewarded and supported.
- Software engineering is people’s business: colocation is the best option, supported by facilities for distributed working whenever needed. Offshoring is limited to the proven setup at Axon Life.
- We know the insurance and pensionindustry, to make software that fits the purpose on a first time right basis.
KEY ABOUT YOUR ROLE
As our new Director PD Non-Life it’s our believe you will manage, performance, results and sustainable growth of people and processes in own focus area according to the, vision, mission and strategy of Keylane.
Therefore you have a focus on multiple deliverables such as:
- Ensure execution of the processes and activities in personal scope and in line with company strategy, goals, guidelines and requirements.
- Take care of alignment with stakeholders and optimal conditions for the team to execute own activities efficiently and effectively and leads by example.
- Manage optimal development, performance and motivation of team members and teams.
- Create and safeguard a culture in which committed experts can excel.
- Propagate the Keylane culture.
YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SCOPE & PERSONALITY
You will work in close cooperation with our VP (Executive Committee Member) who is responsible for the development of all software products at Keylane.
You will deliver the software product in time and with the right quality as promised to our customers. Together with product management you develop the roadmap and product strategy. You bring advanced knowledge of and experience with software engineering methodologies, processes and techniques regarding teams and activities within PD Non-Life.
In this role you will be responsible for the results, revenue & budget, development of people and processes within PD Non-life. You will focus on translating our PD strategy into practices and implement improvements in the field of people and software engineering and therefore you’ll hold high accountability, reporting directly into the VP.
To become a success for Keylane & PD you are a visionary and great leader with a proven track record in product software development companies.
You are able to motivate and inspire your team according to our core values, but also manage and develop guidelines and frameworks for own focus area, without any limitations - across countries for Keylane on an International scale -.
Creating an innovative and stimulating work environment is part of your personality which is shown in your management style and therefore empowers our committed experts to reflect on their personal improvement and innovation.
When it comes to influencing both internal and external stakeholders, often at high level, you are very effectively and lead by example - and negotiates with great latitude on outcomes.
OVERALL WE THINK YOU’LL BRING
- M.Sc. in a relevant study
- 7+ years of experience in Product Development management, managing large software engineering teams
- Inspiring personality and experienced leader with strong communication skills
- Ability to motivate, engage and challenge both junior and senior professionals
- in a multi-national company
- with all aspects of product software development in a commercial software company
- with large scale business critical software
- with near and/or offshoring development teams
- representing Product Development in a management team
- Thorough understanding of modern software development technologies and methodologies, especially agile development practices
- Preferably having
- domain knowledge of insurance and/or pensions
- worked in a multi-product – multi-locations environment
THIS JOB OFFERS YOU
A challenging role and a great opportunity to use all your capabilities to influence and help shape this role. You will be a part of a growing, professional and international organisation with a very pleasant entrepreneurial vibe.
We ask a lot from you. But we also offer you a lot. We offer a job in a tech savvy organisation. You are going to be a part of a great, high energetic team that is in the middle of a transition. You get the chance to develop as a senior professional, in a crucial role. Moreover, you can make an impact and contribute to the further professionalisation of our company and of course a competitive package and secondary employment benefits.
ENGAGE & CONNECT
When you have any general questions about Keylane or want to have a quick chat before applying? Just reach out to Minka van den Burg our Head of Talent Acquisition via: firstname.lastname@example.org